I like to think of myself as always prepared, especially when traveling. When we toured Australia we went from cities to beaches, mangroves, rainforests, scuba diving, hiking, tennis matches, let's just say we did a lot. We typically left our hotel room between 7 and 8am and returned maybe before dinner to wash up and sometimes not until much later. Last summer when reading some fashion blogs I came across one of my new favorite accessories and gifts to give, truffle pouches. They are fully closable, come in varying sizes, and are cute. I love being able to put all of my necessities in one little pouch and being able to transfer them all from one bag to the next without dumping my bag to find everything. Below is a list of the things I find most needed to get ready for a day out and about in the sun. I like to keep my makeup minimal when in the sun and the water, not only is it not attractive to be sweating makeup all of your clothes but it's not good for your skin. Think less is more!
1). Truffle One No 1 Clarity Pouch.
2) SkinCeuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF 30. My favorite sunscreen. Goes on smooth, scent free, and doesn't clog pores. I find this to provide great coverage and long lasting protection.
3) Ultra folding hair brush mirror. I have a couple folding brushes from makeup freebies, they are great for travel and fit in almost every bag.
4) Maybelline Volum' Express Colossal Waterproof Mascara. For waterproof mascara this gives great length and is non-irritant. And you can't beat the price.
5) Scrunci No Damage Thick elastics. Never go without a hair tie.
6) Dermalogica Travel Size Multi-Active Toner. A friend gave me this as a gift and said it was great for travel. It is! I used it on the plane to refresh and often times midday. It helps to rehydrate your skin, especially if you want to reapply.
7) Bobbi Brown Long Wear Eye Pencil. Goes on smooth with clean precise lines and is waterproof.
8) Chantecaille Ultra Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50 primer. I love this product. Not only is it sunscreen but also a terrific primer. The consistency is very different from most sunscreens. It goes on feeling a little greasy but dries quickly leaving skin feeling hydrated. Makeup goes on smooth and stays on! I am so impressed with this product, the coverage was amazing and long lasting. In the strongest sun I never burned, even after 4-5 hours.
9) Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15.
10) Philosophy Melon Daiquiri Flavored Lip Shine. Adds a pop of color and shine without looking overdone.
11) Neutrogena Make-up Remover Cleansing Towelettes. I carry these almost everywhere. Great to refresh on the go!
What are your must have sunny vacation must haves?