I have been having this discussion with my fellow running girlfriends for a few seasons now, we can't find the perfect running short. We no longer wear the Nike "diaper" shorts, you all know what I'm referring too and you hit a certain age where some shorts are just too short! I am a huge fan of running skirts but sometimes you want to wear shorts. Here are the things I am looking for in my PERFECT running short:
1) A 2.5-4 in inseam.
2) A decent side split in the short to allow movement and not feel tight on the your legs (especially if you have very muscular thighs from many years of playing soccer)
3) A thick waistband that stays in place and sits low.
4) Built-in underwear.
5) At least one small pocket.
6) Cannot be tight on the legs.
7) A little longer in the center to prevent chaffing.
8) Lightweight and moisture wicking.
9) I don't want to have to adjust anything while running, they should feel like they aren't there.
Below are the shorts I have found while searching online and in stores. I have picked up the Athleta shorts and the new Lululemon ones. The new Lululemon ones are the same as their super popular Speed Short but with a little more length. I wore the Athleta ones today for a 9 mile run and they were pretty good, I'm not in love but they are a good start. I'm really interested in trying out the Oiselle shorts, they are getting great reviews!
Have you found the perfect running short? I would love to hear your thoughts.
Workout Plan for the Week:
Monday: 5 Mile Run and Strength Interval Workout
Tuesday: Teach Bootcamp
Wednesday: Hot Vinyasa Yoga
Thursday: Pilates and Cardio/Strength Interval Workout
Friday: Hot Vinyasa Yoga
Saturday: 10 Mile Run